Veggie Scramble or Omelet
Eggs have riboflavin, vitamin B12 and phosphorus, and are a very good source of protein and selenium.
2 eggs (or1egg&1eggwhite)
2 Tbsp. liquid (i.e. milk, rice beverage, or water)
1⁄4 cup veggies of your choice
1 tsp. olive oil (1 tsp. more for an omelet*)
2 Tbsp. onion, diced (optional)
Dash of salt & pepper
1. Break eggs into a bowl, add liquid and whisk eggs. Set aside.
2. In a small frying pan add 1 tsp. oil and when it’s at a medium heat add the onions.
3. Sauté onions for a couple minutes, until they are translucent and soft.
4. Add other veggies and sauté for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are cooked how you like them.
5. If making a scramble, pour the egg mix into the pan with the veggies and gently stir until the eggs are done
6. Add salt & pepper at the end.
7. If making an omelet*, transfer the veggies into a bowl
8. Add 1 tsp. oil and let heat briefly
9. Pour the eggs into the pan and swirl to the edges
10. After about a minute, when the egg is about halfway set, add the veggies on half of the egg.
11. Add salt & pepper.
12. Gently fold the egg side without veggies over onto the veggies.
13. Cook until the egg is done.
*Steps 1 – 4 are for either item, steps 7 – 13 continue the process for making an omelet.