black beans and avocado . a marriage made in heaven
8 corn tostada shells
2 cups sliced mushrooms, button or crimini
1 cup onion, diced
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 14oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup water
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch cayenne powder (optional)
2 tablespoons dried refried beans*
2 avocados, cut in slices
1 cup salsa, bottled or fresh
½ cup corn, loose
¼ cup sour cream (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Sautee onions, garlic and mushrooms in pan with oil on medium high, until tender.
2. In a small pot combine beans, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
3. Cook 15 minutes and add vegetable mixture.
4. Cook another 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
5.Add refried bean flakes and stir until thick and creamy.
6. Bring bean mixture to warm room temperature.
7. Layer tostadas as follows, with each layer on top of the last: bean mixture, avocado, salsa, corn, sour cream and cilantro.
Gluton Free, Do not add sour cream if dairy intolerant
Serves: 4 (2 tostadas each)
Cooking time: 45 minutes
(Source: Sara, from Institute of HeartMath, November 2, 2014 Imput to : http://www.care2.com/greenliving/healthy-tostadas.html#ixzz3I1gQt7GZ)