10-Minute Kiwi Mandala
Add a bit of sweetness to your Healthiest Way of Eating with this mosaic of kiwifruit and strawberries. It takes just minutes to prepare and is full of health-promoting vitamin C. Most people don't realize that a kiwifruit has more vitamin C than an orange!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
* 8-oz low-fat vanilla or soy yogurt
* 3 TBS fresh orange juice
* 1 TBS cream honey**
* 1/2 tsp grated orange rind*
* 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind*
* 1 kiwifruit
* 4 strawberries
* Optional: 2 TBS chopped walnuts or pecans, orange zest for topping
1. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, honey and grated orange and lemon rind, making sure the honey is completed blended into the yogurt.
2. Place in 2 shallow soup dishes.
3. Peel the kiwifruit and slice into 1/8" rounds.
4. Take the stems off of the strawberries and cut them lengthwise into 4 pieces.
5. Arrange the fruit in a beautiful pattern on top of the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with some grated orange rind and nuts if desired.
6. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour so that the yogurt is well chilled.
*Cream honey is whipped honey found in most health food stores.
**Use an organic orange and lemon, if possible, to avoid wax coating.