Chicken and Cashew Nuts
chicken and cashew nuts is a favorite dish the world over
Here is a healthier version of everybody's favorite Chinese dish - Chicken and Cashew Nuts from http://shahiya.com/.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of servings using these ingredients: 3
300 g chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces
¼ cup of unsalted cashew
250 g of fresh broccoli
2 carrots sliced into thin circles
1 red, green or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ cup of bamboo shoots
1 medium onion, thinly sliced into wings
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of vinegar
½ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
2 teaspoons corn flour
1. Combine the ingredients of the sauce together in a bowl and mix well until corn flour is completely dissolved.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the cashews in it until light brown. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. In the same pan, stir-fry the onions over a high flame until tender and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in the bowl containing cashews.
4. Stir fry the chicken in the same pan for a few minutes until they change color, and then add the broccoli, carrots, red pepper, and bamboo shoots and cook until vegetables are soft but still crisp and hard just like you have them in a Chinese restaurant.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir for a few minutes until it thickens. Then add in the onions and cashews and stir for a minute before turning off the heat.